We will be posting our newsletters here for those wishing to re-read an interview with an artist or to brush up on techniques discussed in a prior edition. If you’d like to subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, click here!
Spotlight on: Katherine England
– Mosaic artist, Muralist, Teacher and more! Katherine shares her backstory, favorite tools, and importance of Art Journaling, then announces her Lightweight Garden Sculpture Online Course with a teaser video. Plus a personal message from Katherine to up-and-coming/struggling artists. All this and much, much more!
Tombstone Tips and Tricks
– The ultimate home haunt resource. Video tutorials, podcasts and more! Everything you need to know to make your own spooky tombstones, and information on our second annual Tombstone Carving Contest!
Department 56 Christmas Village Display Ideas
-Everything you need to launch into the exciting world of Department 56! Learn how to craft weathering effects, landscapes, and structures! Learn tools of the trade and cutting edge techniques used by professional sculptors and artists around the world!
Vacation Bible School Tips and Tricks
-Be prepared for Vacation Bible School with the latest tips and tricks from our artists! Lean the tools of the trade and cutting edge techniques used by professional foam sculptors around the world!
Industrial Hot Knife
-There’s more to the Industrial Hot Knife than its uncanny ability to blast through foam with ease. Versatility is what turned it into the go-to hot knife for industry professionals with deadlines nipping at their heels.
Cade Fall Design
-I started Cade Fall Design, in 2013, as a means of bringing together my close friends and colleagues to work on motion picture industry projects. The project where we came to know and love Hot Wire Foam Factory was a children’s puppet show. That particular show is quite special to me because it was essentially the show that inspired me to create Cade Fall Design and bring all these artists together.
Foam Coat in Housing
-By Cliffton Brady. We have been getting more and more requests for information on using our foam coatings, especially for use on commercial projects. Cliffton Brady has delivered! Building his own house from the ground up, he had Hot Wire Foam Factory in mind. Foam was used for insulation and creation of an attractive rock-like surface for his new home.
Halloween Haunt Tutorial
-By Jonathan Gerolami. The Haunted Isle is non-profit. We are an all-volunteer staff, no one gets paid. The majority of the money raised goes to two non-profit groups: The Shoreline Trolley Museum and our manager’s own charity group, Wags and Whiskers
Spotlight On: Herasymiuk
– John is a sculptural artist based just north of New Orleans. Read about his stunning Bird totem displays and the piece he produced for the New Orleans Healing Center “La Sirena.”
Spotlight On: Craig Sears
– Craig Sears, a children’s minister in Arizona, frequently works with foam for various ministry projects, from puppets to stage backdrops.
Spotlight On: David Haws
– David Haws, owner of Haws & Co., a GoldKey Dealer, florist and gift shop in Lehi, Utah, has been a valued customer of Hot Wire Foam Factory for years. He uses the tools to create excitement and inspire his customers and community with his display expertise.
Spotlight On: Steve Morrone
– Steve Morrone, an artist and business owner, uses foam to create “4D Murals,” which are murals with legs…and arms…and anything else that would protrude out of a scene.
Halloween How-To: Spooky Props
– John and Pat Ehrenreich, Hot Wire enthusiasts from Maryland, have put together a tutorial so you can start making your own Halloween decorations that are easy to make and will last for years to come!
Spotlight On: Marc Fields
– Marc Fields, owner of The Compleat Sculptor in New York City, is NYC personified. Fun, knowledgeable and to the point, he brings a perfect mix of schmoozing and business that make him a piece of work in his own right.
How-To: Make a Foam Mobile
– More than any other type of bird, gulls appear to fly just for the fun of it. Make a mobile that embodies that gull spirit with foam!
Foam Ways to Fundraise: Village Tours
– Julia Rowland in Colleyville, Texas gives tours of her home and collects canned goods to support a local foodbank. She has been a collector of villages for many years and has an incredible display spanning her entire house
Spotlight On: Andy Slater
– Andy Slater is the owner and operator of TerraGenesis, a table-top scenery and model terrain resource site and community. Based in the UK, TerraGenesis has been around since 1997 and is a great place for terrain enthusiasts to exchange tips and show off their projects.
How-To: Make a Hanging Heart Sculpture
– Ellen Rundle has put together this tutorial to share her technique of using foam molds to create these clay heart sculptures. This technique can be used to create other shapes as well. The possibilites are endless!
Spotlight On: Colette Pitcher
– Colette Pitcher is the owner of Showcase Art Center in Greeley, Colorado. It’s a gallery and an art resource center, where you can not only admire and buy art, but you can buy art supplies and take art classes as well.
Spotlight On: Rob Hendriks
– Rob Hendriks, an artist who creates unique relief paintings using porcelain, utilizes foam to help him push the limits of the art. His work builds upon the look of oil paintings, but his creations have actual depth and dimension by using foam as a canvas.
Spotlight On: Donnell Pasion
– Donnell Pasion is the owner of Passiflora Mosaics in Grover Beach, California. Passiflora Mosaics currently specializes in custom private commissions and are considering small-scale public art opportunities as well. They also offer mosaic workshops.
Spotlight On: Andy Tirado
– Andy is the owner of Artworks, a custom prop fabrication shop in Colorado. ArtWorks specializes in any kind of prop or display for trade shows, museums, zoos, films, and live events
Sign Making Tips & Tricks
– Here we feature some easy-to-follow tips on creating unique 3D foam signs with Hot Wire Foam Factory tools.
Spotlight On: Brick in the Yard Mold Supply
– Mitch Rogers is the owner of BITY Mold Supply in Richardson, Texas. The store features mold-making and casting supplies for prototyping, special effects, prop building and more
How-To: Make an Uncle Sam Mask
– This Uncle Sam pattern can be used to create a mask or a patriotic decoration. Simply download the pattern as a PDF, gather up some foam, and get started!
Spotlight On: Dave Dankanyin
– Dave is a Halloween enthusiast with his own channel on YouTube. His videos offer his viewers useful project tutorials, product reviews, and home haunt highlights on his entertaining show – DEAD with Dave.
Special Commendation for Rita & Carl Carter
– Rita and Carl have been enthusiastic users of Hot Wire Foam Factory tools for many, many years. We appreciate all that they have done to show others how easy it is to use foam and HWFF tools to create unique displays for D56 village pieces.